Friday, March 25, 2011

All Good On X11 Crash

It's been a while since I got some good time to work on Blue November. Unfortunate, really.

But, the good news is that bug 3223835 is fixed! This means that the previous warning on running Blue November on certain systems is fixed! And it still has the new & improved graphics that I added in SVN r10!

Sadly, that's the only bug that's been fixed. It still leaks memory, so that should be fixed by next time around.

My dad forwarded me this. Apparently Cornell is doing a cool genetic algorithm algorithm finder. Is that an awkward phrase or what? But my thinking is that data could come from Blue November through Eureqa, which would reverse-engineer the physics of a specific ship so that PIDTune could use this to tune the PID loops even more accurately. I say this because while the current PIDTune works better than nothing, it still requires manual tuning afterwards. Even if Blue November doesn't end up using Eureqa, it is still Freakin' Cool!

At some point since Spring Break I started working on a contour creator. It isn't in the SVN repo, so I didn't think of it until now. But hey, here's a demo image for the moment:

At some point I want to add depth markings to this. I also want to potentially replace the periscope view with this map, overlayed with current submarine position, enemy positions, and whatever else. Perhaps there can be a key to switch between the two (or even a voice command!).

It's been a slow week, and the next little while will be slow as well, although hopefully a little bit faster than this past week. One thing I want to do at some point is something along the lines of basic website style thing, because the current site is... non-existent.

No comments:

Post a Comment